- Salary £70,000
- Contract Permanent
- Location London
- Reference 25874
Pentasia has partnered with a leading online Payment Provider to source their newest hire, an experienced Business Development Manager for the Retail vertical of their business.
If you are keen to be part of a fast-paced, high-growth payments business with a wide and unique product and service offering, then read on!
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the retail sector and a detailed understanding of the technology partners that play a major part in the many payment events.
The ideal candidate will leverage personal exposure and direct sales experience to mid and top-tier retail merchants with a view to engaging in a disruptive sales process.
The successful candidate will have a solid sales background and a proven track record of owning and driving a range of commercial opportunities and will help identify targets to deliver the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators through personal knowledge of the market and competitors’ products offering.
Reporting directly to the SVP Global Enterprise Solutions, this person will be well respected within the sector and have detailed knowledge of acquiring and payment processing with a solid contact book of previous clients and future prospects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering sales win plan
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings;
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities;
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones;
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events;
- Achieving pre-agreed goals with the direct manager according to the commission scheme;
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met;
- Sharing knowledge and helping team members develop their skills.
- Prospecting from cold to generate new business opportunities
- Accurate forecasting and structured approach to the sector
- Ability to qualify deals at an early stage and only spend time to win
- Identifying target merchants and closing deals to gain metrics
- Ability to cross-sell and upsell entire product set into the market
- Good, Honest, and Fair Negotiator that leaves both parties in a win-win.
Experience from some or all of the following required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role as a business development manager;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty;
- Excellent relationship and communication skills and love networking and can articulate yourself clearly;
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial insight and integrity and be a self-starter with a drive to succeed;
- Card Acquiring and Payment Processing a must.
- Experience and Familiarity in Alternative Payments, FX and Treasury.
- Understanding of Risk Management and how it is positioned
- Knowledge of various shopping carts including Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, ZenCart, and other similar technology platforms
- Solid eCommerce background and an open mind to training and development
- Previous experience working in a start-up or new business unit
Apply for the Business Development Manager role at Pentasia.