- Salary Competitive
- Location London
Clarion Gaming, the leading provider of events and intelligence for the gambling sector, is looking for a digital subeditor to work primarily across our various websites.
They will ensure our written output, which includes news pages, long-form articles and commercial content, is factually correct, grammatically on point and presented in a clear, easy-to-understand manner.
The digital subeditor will be equally comfortable subbing a news story covering complex company results; a press release written by someone for whom English is not their first language; a content marketing email designed to drive up visitor numbers to an industry event; or an in-depth, long-form feature about gambling regulation.
The role will report sit in our Digital team, reporting to our head of production and will surrounded by a team of journalists and commercial content writers. They will be joining the business at a critical time as it drives the expansion of Clarion Gaming’s daily coverage of the global gaming sector into new verticals across its network of media brands. We have big plans and are very excited!
What you can expect from the role
- Subedit daily news stories, long-form articles and commercial content
- Manage the day-to-day subbing process to ensure all content is tightly written, grammatically correct, factually accurate and error-free
- Proofread marketing material, event brochures and other documents
- Use CMS (WordPress) to upload content to iGB, ICE365, iGB Affiliate and other Clarion Gaming publishing sites
- Own the daily press release list, subedit the PRs and publish them to the relevant site
- Source relevant pictures for news stories where required
- Proofread copy for magazines and liaise with production editor over subbing and design
What you will need to be successful in this role
- 1-2 years subediting experience, preferably gained at a news website
- Flawless grammar, proofing and editing skills
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Thorough understanding of the editing/publishing process
- Highly organised and able to multitask
- Ability to write engaging headlines and standfirsts
- General knowledge of principles and standards of journalism
- Familiarity with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Knowledge and experience of SEO
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a small, close-knit team
- To work calmly under pressure
- Quick with initiative and not afraid to share ideas
- Experience of picture research
- Strong communication skills
- Creative approach to work and problem solving
- Willing to take and receive feedback and constructive criticism
- Willingness to learn about the gambling industry
Preferred qualifications & experience
- Although mainly be working on a CMS, some experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and in particular inDesign, would be desirable.
Why you should work for us
- Competitive salary benchmarked against the industry
- 25 days’ holiday annually + your birthday off
- Wellbeing perks such as free gym membership, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme inc. 3 free counselling sessions
- Private healthcare
- Competitive pension scheme
- Training & professional development opportunities
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Company off-sites and team socials
The safety of our employees and candidates is our top priority so for now, all interviews will be taking place via video call with our hiring managers.
Clarion and the Gaming Division is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.