Head Of IT (Remote)
Posted by Pentasia
- Salary Circa €120,000 or equiv. in local currency
- Location Remote
- Reference 34337
The Head of IT Department plays a critical role in the Organization’s plan to build and manage a team of IT experts. This leadership position is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of technology services by managing the IT specialists, introducing new methods of working, exploring new opportunities, and delivering new services. The ideal candidate for this role should be a strong leader with experience in team building and managing change and technology in a distributed and global setting.
- Supervise all technology operations, such as network, information, and privacy security, and evaluate them based on established goals and standards.
- Develop and implement IT policies and systems that support the execution of strategies established by upper management.
- Analyze the technology needs of all departments based on their business requirements.
- Recommend cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Ensure the proper implementation, functionality, and efficiency of technological equipment and software.
- Identify the need for software/hardware systems distribution, upgrades, configurations or new software/hardware systems and report to upper management.
- Document, distribute and provide training on processes and controls for software deployment.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT staff to manage and provide guidance on various projects.
- Control the budget and report on expenditures.
- Develop and execute business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinate IT activities to ensure network services and data are available.
- Anticipate future IT challenges and develop mitigation strategies.
- Identify security vulnerabilities and develop strategic solutions to eliminate them.
- Recommend new technology solutions to meet the evolving business needs of the organization.
- Promote the adoption of Agile and DevOps practices across delivery teams.
- Ensure appropriate resource planning that aligns with project delivery demands.
- Assist in the management of concurrent projects and resources that may differ in size and complexity to meet changing objectives.
- Build relationships with senior members of the wider Organization’s IT team and engage and manage relationships with third-party suppliers.
Requirements and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases, and storage systems.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft software ecosystem and available organizational tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Solid working knowledge of relevant security protocols.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree preferred).
- At least eight years of experience working in IT operations.
- At least three years of experience in overseeing IT teams and projects.
- Certifications and continuing education are preferred.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus scheme that pays up to 5% per year based on company performance.
- 20 days holiday plus public holidays in the country of residence.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
Apply for the role of Head Of IT (Remote) on Pentasia.