Head of eGaming – Digital Isle of Man
- Salary Competitive
- Location Isle of Man
Digital Isle of Man (an Executive Agency within Isle of Man Government’s Department for Enterprise) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated executive, with in-depth industry knowledge as Head of eGaming.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a part in shaping the eGaming sector in the Isle of Man, as part of a dynamic and motivated team in a fast-paced environment.
The Head of eGaming will be responsible for creating and delivering the strategy to facilitate the ongoing development of the Isle of Man as a leading eGaming jurisdiction and will;
- Be recognised as a figurehead of eGaming on the Isle of Man and as a contributor to the global eGaming industry.
- Continue to grow a global network, to raise awareness of the Isle of Man and its eGaming initiative and gain the involvement of key businesses in the industry.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the global landscape, regulations and research relating to the environment in which the Island’s eGaming economy operates.
- Be responsible for developing strategies to encourage the growth of on-island eGaming businesses.
- Enhance, where possible, the Island’s eGaming proposition.
- Identify and facilitate the opening of new geographic and related sector markets.
- Be a key contributor in the development of regulation on the Isle of Man with the eGaming industry, GSC and the businesses that support eGaming on the Isle of Man.
A typical day
A typical day may include gathering market intelligence on eGaming regulatory competitors in other jurisdictions and assessing their applicability and context to the Isle of Man, as well as working closely with the Strategic Partnership team on opportunities with those interested in licensing and setting up a base of operation in the Isle of Man.
You will be working alongside Strategic Partnership account managers to connect with local businesses, acting as liaison between Government and industry to understand how we can support their growth on-Island. Developing and managing the strategy for the continued success of the eGaming sector on-Island will be an important part of the role.
You will also be drafting written updates and attending meetings as well as providing briefings, compilations of written reports and option appraisals for inclusion in presentations to the Digital Isle of Man Board, Department for Enterprise Board and other government departments when required.