Monitoring Engineer (Remote)
- Salary Circa €75,000
- Contract Permanent
- Location Remote
- Reference 34340
We are seeking a Monitoring Engineer to collaborate with our SRE and Development teams.
The position entails optimizing our monitoring and tooling to enhance our productivity and increase system availability by proactively identifying trends.
- Take charge of monitoring our applications and systems
- Work with other teams to ensure that the monitoring tooling and processes are appropriate
- Train team members on how to effectively monitor services, systems, and even business metrics
- Foster communication and effective collaboration
- Assist with standardizing and automating monitoring across multiple environments
- Regularly review costs to ensure that we are not overspending
- Help establish a productive environment where team members take ownership of their product end-to-end
- Comprehensive knowledge of monitoring tools with DataDog being our primary tool
- Proficiency in working with both cloud and physical datacentres
- Experience in setting up and managing on-call rotations using tools like OpsGenie
- Knowledge of integrating different agents and monitoring libraries for improved visibility
- Familiarity with metrics, logs, and their cross-relation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Experience in an agile environment
The ideal candidate
- Experience with Datadog is essential for this position.
- Should have a strong background in monitoring tools and be proficient in working with cloud tech.
- Experience with tools to set up and manage on-call rotations such as OpsGenie is desirable.
- Additionally, knowledge of how to integrate various agents and monitoring libraries for better visibility, as well as an understanding of metrics and logs, is necessary.
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent organizational skills, are critical.
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment is preferred.
Our Partner’s Approach:
A medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos that prioritizes getting things done. Less emphasis on management hierarchy or process and prioritize working remotely while maintaining regular communication. Their open-door policy extends across all levels and departments, and our staff come from diverse backgrounds from all over the world.
A fully remote and flexible work schedule, on-the-job training, and opportunities for advancement within the company. A hardware allowance is included to ensure that you have all the necessary tools to complete your work. Additionally, 25 days of holidays, including bank holidays in your respective country.
Apply for the position of Monitoring Engineer (Remote) on Pentasia.