- Salary £70,000 - £85,000
- Contract Permanent
- Location Remote
- Reference 30038
Pentasia’s client is assembling a team of full time Ruby On Rails developers to manage the full SDLC of their web based application. This application runs a payments processing service with high volume transaction throughput.
The ability to work in a small team and to communicate clearly and concisely with the end users is necessary. The focus is on quality coding, this is of utmost importance – the application is in production and errors are expensive.
Your responsibilities …
Design, develop, offer support and maintain our SaaS web application and the architecture that goes with it.
Write clean, well presented, maintainable and efficient code with a high level of quality.
Always adhering to best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards).
Push continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into the system.
What we are looking for …
Commercial experience with the Ruby on Rails framework and all the appropriate tech that goes with it.
- At least 3 years working with Ruby on Rails.
- Relational database experience and understanding.
- A strong and thorough understanding of OOP.
- Experience with Unit testing.
- Experience with Integration testing, Cucumber would be an advantage.
- Source control – GIT and deployment methodologies.
- Agile Development.
Advantages & Bonus qualities (but not essential):
- Experience with Postgres RDB.
- Cloud computing understanding and knowledge.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Experience and understanding of MVC, REST, API’s.
- Online payment experience would be fantastic.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
What’s on offer …
Not only will you solve complex problems, you’ll get invaluable exposure / experience of the full development life cycle.
Training will be provided including support as well as encouraging the development of your own skills and ideas.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing and profitable tech company in an exciting industry.
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience.