- Salary Competitive
- Location London
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated SEO specialist to join Clarion Gaming’s marketing team.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, an insatiable appetite to learn and implement the latest SEO trends, and a creative eye. A successful candidate will be data and insight driven with a strong understanding of marketing KPIs, technical and on-page SEO and the importance of SEO as part of an omnichannel marketing strategy.
They will be able to marry together creative campaigns and technical SEO knowledge with the overarching commercial goals of the business to drive sustainable growth across our organic channels.
Reporting to and working in collaboration with the acquisition manager the successful candidate will be responsible for devising the SEO strategy across all content and event sites, management of technical SEO audits, and producing SEO reports for the wider content and marketing teams.
Content Marketing & SEO
- Identify content gaps and opportunities using third party tools (Buzzsumo, Ahrefs, Google Trends) and share knowledge with the content team in monthly reports
- Ensure product and landing page content is optimised for SEO across content & event site portfolio (meta descriptions, heading tags, topic tags, etc.)
- Source subject matter expertise and data to drive unique content
- Ongoing competitor analysis to identify portfolio SEO & social SWOTs
- Producing and implementing an SEO strategy for all core event and content sites
- Tracking and reporting on key SERPs, domain rankings and competitor opportunities
- Implementing a video SEO strategy using transcripts (Veed.io) and blog posts (with support of content marketing exec)
- Manage technical SEO audits of all core sites
- Be the guardian of the SEO playbook for the content team, providing support and education where needed on on-page SEO best practice
- Carry out in-depth keyword research understanding, planning, URL structuring, content planning and execution.
- WordPress editing – including proofreading and publishing.
- Carry out content audits to make sure our content is relevant, compliant and up to date
- Define, develop, and execute on-site & off-site SEO strategies to meet aggressive business goals
- Work with partnerships manager and PR agency to leverage press and partner activity for SEO gains
- Develop ongoing programme of outreach and link building activity
- Monitor size and quality of backlink profile using Ahrefs and ScreamingFrog, identifying high quality link targets and disavowing potentially harmful domains.
Note: In addition to these duties, employees are required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in Search Engine Optimisation
- Experience working with popular SEO tools (Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz, etc)
- Proficient using Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Experience with creating keyword optimised content
- Proven track record in blogger outreach and executing link building campaigns
- Exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in SEO, SEO Strategies and SEO best practice
- Knowledge of paid search/PPC programmes and optimising campaigns using data from both organic and paid sources
- Creative and strategic thinker with proven social media management and community management experience
- Avid and adept user of all common social media platforms
- Excellent social copywriting and communication skills in a variety of industries/tones
- Interest in esports, igaming and land-based gaming a plus