- Salary Strong base + bonus
- Contract Permanent
- Reference 34119
My client is a white label iGaming platform provider. Having expanded their offering by creating a next generation modular iGaming platform that integrates easily with other content providers, they have now also developed their own in-house games, and expanded their payment engine to accept fiat & digital currency. The next step in their evolution is to now build a sportsbook offer. To achieve this, they are now seeking to hire an experience sportsbook architect to lead the project.
The successful candidate will be required to interact daily with all areas and levels of the business. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage both external demands and time constraints, balancing shifting day-to-day priorities with the longer-term project work in this fast-moving industry.
Candidates should be self-starters, with a high attention to detail and are comfortable with the highly technical nature the position entails. Much of the role is working closely with Developers, IT Operations, and business stakeholders on day-to-day issues.
You will relish the opportunity to lead technical design sessions with development teams covering all aspects of delivering high quality products to the customers as well as proactively applying research with regards to development and prototyping, evaluations & platform design.
The business is a multi-cultural organization and as such its employees come from very different backgrounds. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in such an environment and be willing to learn and adapt to ensure they work as effectively as possible.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with all sportsbook stakeholders to understand the current platform architecture and future state vision
- Evaluate platforms to understand strategic / tactical benefits of each in order to evaluate if this platform needs to be built entirely from the ground up or not
- Outline a strategic roadmap in line with above to drive architectures towards ensuring architecture meets the needs of the business, growth and scale projections:
- Modularization to enable rapid functional change / rapid / continuous releases
- Highly scalable / performant systems
- Identify bottlenecks in architecture
- High availability / redundancy
- High maintainability
- Deliver Strategic Uplift / performance programme based on roadmap
- Driving good practices
- API compatibilities
- Architecture documentation / support standards
- Architectural requirement implementation
- Governance in approaches, CI/CD
- Understanding and adapting solutions to the changing needs / technical environments from scale to security to process and procedure.
- Lead by example, driving excellence in approaches, commitment and understanding to enable production of products that are reliable with an excellent user experience.
- Leveraging your experience at the enterprise level to help bridge the gap between business needs and technical requirements.
- Staying abreast of the changes in Sports landscape providing guidance with regard to long term strategy
- Seeking to capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time to market whilst maintaining our focus on our customers and products.
- Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
Skills and experience:
- 8+ years architecture design / development experience
- A proven track record of delivering quality solutions with a robust technical design for the enterprise.
- Experience of continuous integration/delivery.
- Exposure to following technologies / toolsets / setup:
- Knowledge & experience of online sportsbook industry
- Agile development
- Experience developing for high transaction environments
- Experience integrating 3rd party payment systems
- Experience of commercial CMS systems
- Ability to write and interpret technical documentation
- Strong working knowledge of web services
- Strong front end and backend development knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of databases
- Passion for writing high quality, rock solid software
- Previously worked on large scale multi-threaded projects
- Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed server applications
- Knowledge of Asynchronous Messaging
- Experience developing back office trading tools
- Experience in web acceleration technologies
- Experience in designing deployment infrastructure
- Knowledge of containerisation platforms
- Good understanding of Security design.
- General Knowledge of Infrastructure
- An understanding of solutions delivery and how the products you will be driving forward will be built, deployed and tested.
- Experience with application load and performance tuning
- Exposure to virtualization
What’s in it for you:
- Massive opportunity to take ownership of this project and put your stamp on the product and make your mark in the industry.
- Strong salary & bonus.
- Fully remote role.
- Work with a great team of genuinely nice people
Apply for the Sportsbook Architect – Fully Remote role at Pentasia.