Betting operators are reinvesting almost all revenue into customer acquisition. As the industry’s focus shifts from building customer databases to generating a profit, how can sportsbooks ensure they are maximizing their marketing investment? The second part of the Path to Profitability series brings together a host of industry marketing experts, to discuss how to refine acquisition strategies. Among the topics covered will be:
- How has the betting sector’s approach to customer acquisition evolved?
- Can the wider media landscape help funnel players to licensed sportsbooks?
- What tools or tactics have been overlooked to date?
- What partnerships offer the most immediate returns?
- Can land-based loyalty programmes and closer links with the brick-and-mortar businesses have a positive effect on betting revenue and profits?
- Affiliate and online vs. traditional media – what offers the best value?
Moderator: Luisa Woods, Vice President, Marketing — Gaming and Entertainment. Delaware North
Dustin Gouker, Head of Content, Catena Media North Amercia
Sharon Otterman, Chief Marketing Officer, William Hill US
Ishwara Glassman Chrein, Head of Sports Partnerships, Verizon Media / Yahoo Sports