Healys iGaming Breakfast Briefings: igaming operations by land-based casinos – challenges, opportunities and risks
The London law firm Healys organised one of its iGaming Breakfast Briefings last week, which addressed the topic of land-based operators launching online gaming operations and kindly allowed iGaming Business the video of the event.
The panel provided interesting and varied insights into why land-based operators have had mixed experiences historically when lanching igaming operations, how the business models are different, the types of legal and financial obstacles faced and the potential advantages that land-based operators have in entering online gaming businesses.
Further discussion points included:
- the attitude of UK casino operators, how different are they to those held outside the UK?
- what are the key challenges for land based operators in online gaming?
- Do the management skills and business models in land-based online transfer easily into online?
- Should existing online companies welcome or fear competition from land-based operators?
- What are the key legal issues that face land-based operators going online?
- Is there an advantage globally for online operators to have land based casinos as well?
The next Healy's iGaming Breakfast Briefing will take place in October.
Click on the video below to view the seminar.
Healy's iGaming Breakfast Briefing – Online gaming operations by land-based casino operators – what are the challenges, opportunities and risks?