OlyBet will feed into IBIA’s betting integrity monitoring and alert network, working alongside licensed operators from around the world.
Active across the Baltic region, OlyBet joins almost 50 businesses and more than 120 sports betting brands in the IBIA network.
“Protecting the integrity of sports and defending sports betting against corruption and criminal activities are two sides of the same coin,” OEG and OlyBet chairman and CEO, Corey Plummer, said.
“Together with other responsible and regulated betting operators and through a trusted and professional party such as IBIA, we can take further steps to protect sports and sports betting.”
The IBIA CEO, Khalid Ali, added: “OlyBet brings knowledge and experience of the sports betting market, notably in the Baltic region. We intend to work closely with Olybet to harness that important regional knowledge base to protect our global network from corrupt betting practices linked to match-fixing.
“Olybet’s decision to join IBIA demonstrates its commitment to maintaining the integrity of sport. It also shows the operator’s desire to utilise the best integrity protection available globally for its sports betting product.”
IBIA signs regulatory partnerships
The news comes after IBIA agreed partnerships with a number of national regulatory organisations in recent weeks.
Earlier this month, IBIA entered a memorandum of understanding with the Portuguese Online Betting and Gambling Association (APAJO). This includes collaboration on betting and sports integrity issues and creating a safe and sustainable online betting environment.
The two associations will also discuss areas of cooperation and potential shared projects, pooling their expertise on certain activities.
Last month, IBIA also linked up with the Brazilian Institute of Responsible Gaming (IBJR). This partnership will focus on developing anti-match fixing enforcements in Brazil.
IBJR signed a betting integrity protection agreement with IBIA. This will support work against match-fixing and increase monitoring around sports events in Brazil.
Confirmation of the partnership came days after IBIA announced plans to expand anti-match fixing and integrity operations across the country.
Q1 suspicious betting alerts reach 40
Also in May, IBIA revealed that it received 40 suspicious betting alerts across nine sports during the first quarter. This was down by 16.6% from in Q1 2022 and 20% in the previous quarter.
Football generated the highest number of alerts at 15, representing 37.5% of the total. Tennis followed with 12, or 30% of the total. Combined, football and tennis made up 67.5% of the alerts in the first quarter.
Table tennis accounted for four of the alerts. Basketball and esports generated two alerts each, while volleyball, boxing and snooker each accounted for one alert.
Some 24 alerts took place in Europe, six in Asia and four in Africa. North America and South America accounted for two alerts each.
Two esports alerts were not included in this breakdown as the IBIA said it was unclear where the alerts took place.