Esports is a booming sector and one that has seen even higher levels of consumer interest during the pandemic. Yet despite a diversity of efforts, land-based casinos have failed to successfully embrace the vertical. Will a dynamically changing regulatory environment and the introduction of sports wagering give the sector another boost?
Among the areas up for discussion in this webinar will be:
- A critical review of casinos’ approaches to esports to date – why haven’t casinos adopted esports successfully?
- What role could brick and mortar entities play in the esports ecosystem?
- Should esports be seen as an amenity or something more? A review of the models that would incorporate esports in the land-based environment
- Betting on esports – assessing its viability, regulatory future and prospects
- Professionalising esports – Nevada’s regulatory experience and efforts to create a professional body
- Ensuring integrity in esports betting